Terms and Conditions
By installing on your terminal and using the relevant Taxaki software you agree that you have read and fully understand the terms set forth herein and that you accept them unconditionally. If you do not comply with these terms and conditions and are not willing to commit to them, please do not install the application or delete it immediately and do not use it in any way from any device.
These terms may be amended from time to time and shall take effect immediately upon their publication, unless otherwise specified. Immediately after the modification of the terms, which are always available here, their acceptance is required for the use of the software.
The company Digital Academy, as the legal owner of the Taxaki platform and the related Software, provides it exclusively for personal and not commercial use by the Passengers, in compliance with the terms and conditions mentioned below.
For the purposes of the present, the following definitions apply:
- • «Company» : the company Digital Academy, which provides Passengers with Taxaki services and processes Passenger Data on behalf of Drivers,
- • «Passenger»: the natural person who uses the application "Taxaki" for the mobile phone or through this website to "call" a taxi,
- • «Software»: the "Taxaki" application for mobile or internet, which belongs to the Company and is used by the Passenger to "call" a taxi,
- • «Driver»: private rental drivers (taxis), who, for the execution of the contract of carriage of their passengers, use the application "Taxaki" and have assigned to the Company the execution of the processing of their Passenger Data,
- • «User»: each User of the Software
- • «Taxaki Services» : the services provided to the Passengers and include the license to install and use the Software to "call" a taxi with the application for the mobile phone or through this website,
- • «Taxi services» : the transport services provided by the Drivers to the Passengers.
- • «Data»: Personal data of the Passengers provided by the Driver as the controller or collected by the Company as the processor on behalf of the Driver as the controller.
2. Object of Taxaki services
Taxaki is a communication platform, through which Connected Drivers can receive travel orders directly from Passengers interested in taxis. More specifically the Software:
- • gets in touch with the Taxi Drivers located near the Passengers
- • makes a choice among the Drivers that are immediately available
- • allows Passengers to choose their own Taxi Driver.
Caution! The Company is not a private lease or transfer or postal service provider. It functions solely as an intermediary between the Taxi Driver and the Passenger and, from the moment the Passenger makes a reservation through the Software, any commitment relates to his legal relationship with the booked Taxi Driver. The Driver is responsible for providing transportation services, which can be facilitated and programmed through the "Taxaki" service.
The Software provides information on finding taxi services and the Company is not responsible for the quality of the transport services offered by each Taxi Driver to the Passenger. The Company has no responsibility or obligation for the taxi services provided to the Passenger by the Driver.
The Company can in no case guarantee the level of services or the rating of each user, nor can it guarantee the accuracy, correctness and completeness of the data and information displayed in the Software.
3. Personal Data Protection
The Driver is solely responsible for the data and information displayed on the Software and is responsible for processing the personal data of its Passengers for the execution of their transport contract and for their better service using the Software. In this context, the Company, as the executor of the processing, processes the said data on behalf of and guided by the Driver, which determines the purpose and the way of processing, according to the current legislation on personal data, and in particular the General Regulation Data Protection (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter GDPR) and Law 4624/2019, as in force.
The Driver, for the execution of the Passenger transport contract and for their better service, collects and processes Data, according to the following table:
|Categories of personal data||Purpose of processing|
|Name and contact details (eg postal address, telephone, e-mail, etc.)||Recording of data for later communication with the passenger|
|Location data||Registration for easy future transfer to pick up the passenger|
|Route history data||Recording for easy confirmation of the route followed and checking the fare|
The Company processes and maintains the Data, in accordance with the current legislation and the instructions and instructions of the Driver. Data is subject to the following processing activities: collection, registration, organization, structure, storage, change, search, transmission, use, restriction, deletion.
The duration of data retention is determined by the retention obligation imposed by the current legal framework governing the services provided by the Driver, taking into account the principles of Article 5 of the GDPR, as well as by the legal framework governing its civil and fiscal obligations. The Company, according to the Driver's suggestion, deletes or returns all the Data after the end of the provision of processing services. It is possible to extend the retention period of the Data for reasons of proof before the courts, fulfillment of contractual obligations by the controller or in case required by current legislation, court decision or prosecutor's order or in compliance with instructions of Public or Independent Authorities.
The Company takes and implements the appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with the requirements set by current legislation, to ensure an appropriate level of Data protection from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, deletion or loss. The processing of the Data takes place by the authorized employees of the Company, and by any other subcontractor that is possible to hire and will have the capacity of the executor of the processing.
The Company ensures that the persons authorized to process Data (employees and added) have undertaken a commitment of confidentiality, process the Data only for the above purposes, know and follow the instructions of the Driver, comply with the GDPR, and that everyone else the executor involved in the execution of the processing has sufficient guarantees for the implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational data processing measures.
The Company implements and maintains a written Personal Data Protection Policy, which is posted on the relevant website www.taxaki.com , οf which the Driver is aware.
In case of any breach of Personal Data in the context of the provision of "Taxaki" services, the Company must within 24 hours of knowledge of the breach of Data to inform the Driver under Article 33 of the GDPR and provide information and assistance that can be provided on the nature of the breach, the data affected, measures that can be taken to address the breach, mitigate the potential consequences, and co-operate if possible, with the Driver for any further procedure that may be required.
Taxaki Services are completely free and there are no hidden or extra charges for booking the route chosen by the Passenger. The Passenger pays the Guide directly. If he wishes to pay through the POS Electronic Payment System, the Passenger pays at the POS machine available to the Driver.
5. Registration and use of software
Registration is required to use Taxaki Services.
People who do not have a legal right can not register as those who do not meet the age limit are prohibited from using Taxaki services. In case the Passenger account in Taxaki has been permanently or temporarily canceled for the above reasons, it is not possible to re-register.
The Passenger wishing to use the Taxaki services must first fill in the registration form.
Upon completion of its registration, the Passenger agrees to the following:
- 1. To provide accurate and true information, which may be modified at any time, as the accuracy of the data is necessary for the provision of the transfer service by the Driver. In the event that the information provided is found to be inaccurate, the Passenger registration is canceled and any use of the Software is not permitted.
- 2. To refrain from defaming the Company.
- 3. Do not use the Software that is likely to damage it or make it less effective.
- 4. Do not try to access other users' accounts.
- 5. Do not spread content that may be obscene, threatening, defamatory or even disturbing to specific individuals or groups of people based on social, racial or other criteria.
- 6. Do not transfer files that may be harmful (viruses, trojans).
- 7. The Company is not responsible for the type and content of conversations and data of each user. In case the Passenger wants to report and complain about a user, he can do so either through the Taxaki application, or through the Company's website www.dga.gr.
- 8. Obey the laws of the state in which it is located when using Taxaki.
- 9. To pay the full amount for the services provided by the respective Taxi Driver.
- 10. Respect the Taxi Driver that is recommended to him through the Software.
- 11. In case of violation of these terms, to compensate the Company.
- 12. Do not use offensive and inelegant nicknames.
- 13. Do not misuse the Software in order to cause inconvenience or inconvenience.
- 14. The use of the Taxaki Software via mobile phone may burden the Passenger with the payment of a fee to the mobile phone provider that it uses and which concerns an obligation of the Passenger.
- 15. The sole person responsible for maintaining the Passenger's password is himself. Αn case of any unauthorized use of his account, the Passenger must contact the Company directly at email@example.com or on the phone +30 2103003530.
- 16. In order to reach an agreement with a Taxi Driver, the Passenger must first contact him and then wait for his positive answer. In case the Driver accepts the Passenger's order but the Passenger changes his mind and wishes to cancel the order, it must be canceled with special actions through the Taxaki services. The Company does not bear any responsibility for cancellations, delays or failure to provide services between Taxi Driver and Passenger.
- 17. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the provision of services at any time it wishes, without having to inform the Passenger in advance. If the Passenger is damaged by any modification to the services provided, the Company bears no responsibility.
6. Prohibited Uses
It is strictly forbidden to resell, use, monitor, reproduce, display, download or distribute through any links any information or content of the Software for any purpose.
7. Rating and comments
Passengers are the ones who evaluate and rate the taxi services provided to them each time and must be objective.
Passengers who make an evaluation are getting informed and accept, giving explicit consent when asked, that the comment may:
- • be posted on the Software page to inform prospective passengers about the quality of service provided by the respective Taxi Driver
- • be used in the Software or on other platforms (eg social media, special offers, etc.) to improve and promote Taxaki services.
Passengers may at any time request the deletion of their rating and comment, which has been used as above, by sending a request to the relevant email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company may remove or even refuse the posting of Passenger comments, applying the instructions of the Drivers and the applicable legislation.
8. Liability Disclaimer
The Company recommends Passengers to Drivers for transportation purposes and explicitly states that there has been no prior process of assessing the suitability, legality and even capacity of each Driver. For this reason it is expressly acknowledged that neither the Driver nor the Passenger can claim from the Company any liability or damage arising from the relationship between them. The Company is not involved in any way in the management of payments between Passengers and Drivers. The responsibility for the decisions made by the Driver in conciliation with the Passenger rests solely with the Driver. By accepting the provision of taxi services, the Driver acknowledges that the Company has no involvement in the contractual relationship between the Driver and the Passenger.
The Passenger has no obligation to use the Taxaki Service and may terminate its use and proceed with the termination of its account and the uninstallation of the Software from its device at any time.
The Company reserves the right to stop providing services at any time it wishes, without having to inform the Passenger in advance. If the Passenger is harmed by the cessation of the provided services, the Company bears no responsibility.
The Company may unilaterally suspend the operation temporarily or permanently terminate the user's account when:
- • the user Passenger violates any of the obligations contained in these terms
- • the Company detects damage to itself, to the Drivers or to third parties from the activities of the Passenger user.
In case of temporary suspension or cancellation of his account according to the above, the Passenger may not claim any compensation from the Company.
The Software and other content of the Taxaki Communication System, including trademarks, images, graphics, photographs, drawings, texts, are protected by copyright or other copyright or industrial property rights of the Company, excluding the copyright of its affiliates. of the Company or third parties, where it is explicitly mentioned.
The user is obliged to respect the intellectual property rights of Taxaki, knowing that the Software may not be reproduced or used in any way by third parties without the written permission of the owners.
The Company is not responsible for any copying, distribution, transfer of any part of the Software in violation of third party rights.
The Company grants the user a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Taxaki Software and communication system, for its own use only, in accordance with these terms, the terms of the Contract, the instructions and instructions of the Company, for the purpose and the duration of the Services.
11. Maintenance and Support
The Company is not obliged to support, upgrade, maintain and modify the Software or part thereof. The Company can at any time upgrade the application and its electronic version supported by the Passenger mobile or computer. The Passenger agrees with the above actions of the Company in order to continue using the Taxaki Services.
The Passenger may not assign this without the approval of the Company. This may be assigned without the consent of the Passenger by the Company to (i) a parent or subsidiary, (ii) an asset buyer, or (iii) a successor by merger. Any attempt to concede against what is stated in this article is void.
The Passenger is still bound by these terms, even if any of them become invalid. In case of invalidity of a term, the current legislation applies. We will do our best to resolve any dispute that may arise. If you wish to take legal action against us, the Courts of Athens are competent.
Study our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.